Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Vision

I have a vision of thousands of bay area residents giving thousands of dollars to local artists and arts organizations struggling to get a foothold in the community.

Instead of ONE $25,000 donation to the San Francisco Symphony, I see ONE THOUSAND $25 donations to any number of individual artists, collectives and grassroots arts organizations in the bay area.

I see an online community that makes it all possible...

I am building a website. My website is going to make it possible for anyone trying to create and deliver art in this community to promote, fundraise, and build a community around their project(s). My website is going to root for the underdog. You may not have the Symphony's donor list, and you may not have the Symphony's donor's means, but you will have my website. If you have $20 and a passion for graffiti art, then my website will be for you.

(My website has not been named. Otherwise I would refer to it by name and not as my website.)

This is going to be a great project, and I greatly appreciate my readers' interest. Please feel free to post comments here, sign up for my Google Group, or email me directly with your comments or questions.

A few other notes of potential interest:

  • I am contracting with CivicSpace on this project.
  • My website will be in Beta test starting next week. Let me know if you would like to be one of my testers!
  • I plan to launch the website in late March. There will be a party, oh yes.
  • I will be blogging here and using my Google Group to communicate with interested individuals.
  • I still need a name for this website!
Thank you for your support!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Thanks, Adam! I will check out those resources. I recommend the CivicSpace folks. It's been a breeze working with them, and they seem to have a bang-up product. I'll debrief with you in a month or two!

Google Groups Subscribe to Micro-Philanthropy for Bay Area Arts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com